Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Experience

Experience is the marvelous thing
that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
~F.P. Jones



Thank Goodness for experience!
It can enable us to recognize a looming mistake. Sometimes, if you are like me, even though the mistake looms and you see it clearly, you fall back and make the same mistake yet again.

Lucky for us, God Gives Mulligans!

I have to admit, I've used "mulligans" or "do-overs" over and over during my life. Some lessons are harder to learn for the stubborn. I seem to be harder headed than most, so learning takes a bit more experience than just a single, feeble attempt.

Unlike golf - and lucky for me - God's mulligan's are not limited to one. The grace of our Creator has been bought, paid for and delivered long ago. All we need do to receive the grace of a "mulligan" is to ask forgiveness.

Yes, experience is a wonderful thing. By the time we reach a mature age, experience - gives us the wisdom not to repeat mistakes; but it is only God's Grace that gives the eternal forgiveness our hearts unceaseingly seek.

Celebrate The wonderful gift of your salvation this Easter season! Visit the church of your choice, read the heart-rending history of our faith, know God's grace exists for even you and I: the stubborn sinner and finally, sing the hymns of great joy and praise of God's enduring love!

No comments:

ALWAYS HAVE HOPE     "But as for me, I will always have hope:   I will praise you more and more." Psalm 71:14    You know...