Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Forgiveness

My Soul Waits for the Lord

Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord.
Lord, hear my voice! Let your ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications!
If you, O Lord, should mark iniquities, Lord, who could stand?
But there is forgiveness with you, so that you may be revered.

I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I hope;
my soul waits for the Lord more than those who watch for the morning, more than those who watch for the morning.
O Israel, hope in the Lord! For with the Lord there is steadfast love, and with him is great power to redeem.
It is he who will redeem Israel from all its iniquities.

- Psalms 130: 1-8


I am in mourning.

The morning of the Virginia Tech murders my first instinct was to call my daughter, away at school,and make sure she was alright - a move that made her laugh as only a college student can shrug off her parents delusional worries.
Yes, I mourn for the victims in this horrific incident - but I mourn for ALL the victims.
What about "the shooter's" family?
Even though the network news has run the tinist details to the point of mental exhaustion on the subject,we still know nothing of this family. The family who had no doubt sent their beloved son to school, proud, in the relaxed sort of way you get when your children go off to school - your work almost completed in a very difficult stage of development. What of them?
These parents who woke up one morning, probably in fear, to find there was a gunman loose on the Virginia Tech Campus.Did they call their son to see if he was alright? Did they sit by the phone, paralyzed with fear because they couldn't contact him? What of these parents?
..And what of Cho Seung-Hui, "the shooter"? (How I hate that moniker, used by network news agencies to discount the worth of this life, as well.) What in his background - his homelife, his childhood would lead to this?
I will pray again today for those lost; and I will also pray for Cho - for the demons in life that drove him to this end, he who was lost BEFORE the shootings;and for his grieving parents.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gods mill grinds slow but sure........................................

Anonymous said...

My accomplice and I really loved studying this blog put up, I used to be simply itching to know do you commerce featured posts? I am always looking for someone to make trades with and merely thought I would ask.

Anonymous said...

Hey – good weblog, simply trying around some blogs, appears a fairly nice platform You Are using. I’m at present using Drupal for just a few of my sites however seeking to change one of them over to a platform very much the identical to yours as a trial run. Anything specifically you would advocate about it?

ALWAYS HAVE HOPE     "But as for me, I will always have hope:   I will praise you more and more." Psalm 71:14    You know...