Thursday, March 15, 2007

Our Cross To Bear

Our Cross-To Bear

Remember, you are only an instrument.Not yours to decide how or when or where you act.I plan all that. Make yourself very fit to do my work.All that hinders you must be cured.
~A.J. Russell in GOD CALLING



I was reminded this morning while reading my devotionals that each one of us was commanded to pick up the cross and follow Christ.
Each one of us, in our own way, has our own cross to bear in life. It may be many things – but one thing is clear: The burdens we endure are all for naught.
Perhaps our biggest burden is one of consciencewe are unable to do as instructed – to leave all of our burdens at the foot of his cross.
What does it take to be able to follow – wholly – his commandments to let his love and wisdom shine through and guide each moment of our lives? Submission; the realization that we cannot bear our burdens alone; a complete loss of self in decision making.
Every day we make decisions based upon what we think is right – without taking it to Christ. Oddly enough, we then expect God’s approval on our decisions.
This Easter season, my challenge is clear: to honor Christ’s sacrifice by trusting in him fully and leaving all of my burdens at the foot of his cross once and for all.

No comments:

ALWAYS HAVE HOPE     "But as for me, I will always have hope:   I will praise you more and more." Psalm 71:14    You know...